Become a Patron
Become a Patron of Quilt For a Cause, Inc. with your tax-exempt monetary donation.
All donations go to Quilt for a Cause, Inc, a 501c3 nonprofit organization which uses the art and business of quilting to pursue advances against breast and/or gynecologic cancers by raising funds for research, by continuing the education of medical professionals, and by supporting clinical organizations that raise awareness, offer detection and provide treatment.
Donate a Quilt
We are actively seeking quilts for the 2019 Auction Cycle and will be happy to take donated quilts for a variety of fundraisers during the next couple of years culminating in a special event in the fall of 2019.
Print the new quilt donation form here Quilt Donation Form
Please complete the above donation form and contact any board member to donate a quilt.
Thanks to Suzanne Irving who quilted our “Past meets Present” quilts. Donated tops were transformed into “new quilts” by Suzanne Irving’s expert hands and are now ready to use! Suzanne continues her interest in rescuing vintage quilt tops so please contact us if you have items to donate.
On behalf of our family and friends who have survived or succumbed to breast & gynecologic cancers, please help us MAKE A DIFFERENCE in this fight against cancers!
Questions/comments please send email to Auction@QuiltForaCause.org
How to Make a 3” Hanging Sleeve
- Once your quilt has been quilted measure the width of your quilt. Cut a strip of fabric that long less 2 inches and about 7 inches wide.
- Hem both ends of the strip.
- With the WRONG sides together, sew the strip into a long tube.
- Press the sleeve flat with seam running down the center of the sleeve.
- Lay the sleeve on the back of the quilt with the seam facing the quilt. Position the sleeve about ½ inch from the top of the quilt.
- Whipstitch the top and bottom edges of the sleeve to the back of your quilt, being sure to leave the ends open so a hanging rod can be inserted.
- Another option would be to sew the sleeve lengthwise with wrong sides together and attach it to the top before the binding is attached.